Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Riblets: The Ultimate Tease

So I'm watching a little "SportsCenter" when I see that Stuart Appleby is the leading at The Masters with Tiger only a stroke behind. During that observation, I make a joke about appleby possibly getting us some free riblets if he wins. Get it cause his last name is Appleby and the restaurant is Applebee's and...well screw it you had to be in the moment. So the joke gets a few chuckles, and then a coworker makes a comment.
"Forget riblets, I want the whole rib!"
And suddenly the light in my head went off, and I realized the riblet is the biggest tease of them all.
Not the cute stripper who "earns" your singles...it's the riblet.
Think about what the riblet is and what you think it is.
The minute you hear rib you think greasy, saucy goodness covering a well cooked piece of swine with a hint of bone between it.
Now consider the riblet if you will.
The riblet consists of the following: 95% bone, 15% sauce, 0% goodness and 15% gristle.
Note I said gristle and not actual swine.
You can't get full off of swine.
It's just wrong...plain and simple.
So from here on out I am eliminating the riblet from my diet, and if you valued the goodness a rib can provide so would you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jameil said...

that's why it was never in my diet. that and the fact... where fresh hell do they get them from? i want something from a grown arse pig, k? grown arse cow, all that. lamb, i'll eat. but for your regular, run of the mill eats, give me REAL FOOD. hmph. riblets. please.

speaking of applebee's and since you're moving on to grown folks food, try the bruschetta burger. out of this world. i salivated over the menu, then when it got there, then over every bite. still (obviously) think bout that damn burger.

10:23 AM

 
Blogger T Dot said...

I'm shaking my head about your post on riblets. It makes me drop my head because I can actually see you sitting there thinking about riblets and their lack of nutritional value and then it makes me sad because I can imagine you pulling others into that twisted world you call your head. Now they hate riblets as well.

Good job, Jarrod.

8:26 PM

 
Blogger alex said...

You have always had such beautiful eyes, means nothing but people always do everything to you for love of you; http://www.facebook.com you have had everything for nothing...

5:15 AM

 
Blogger E Chuck said...

rotflmao
-you are so right. your post got me to thinking about food teasers like the bite size snicker bars. You can't just have one.

2:33 PM

 
Blogger La said...

did you just have a whole post about a riblet?


LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

11:39 PM

 
Blogger Jarrod said...

Jameil...I agree. What part of any animal is riblet? I know where the ribs are, but the riblet? That wasn't in anatomy class. And I will be sampling the burger the next time I hit up Applebee's.

Buford...shake all you want it will not erase the blog. And I am glad to bring riblets to an end...damn glad.

Star...Exactly!

La...You're damn right I did!

10:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home