Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Monday, February 19, 2007

Peanut Butter

***DISCLAIMER***
THE FOLLOWING POST REFLECTS MY RANDOMNESS AND ALSO MY BOREDOM.

This is unacceptable! A recall on peanut butter? For real? You don't put a recall on peanut butter!! You put recalls on defective high chairs and toys with loose parts that can possibly choke children. But peanut butter?? Come on man! I had to throw out a 3/4 full jar of Peter Pan Honey Roast Peanut Butter (it was creamy style too...pause). Damn good I might add, if you're a fan of peanut butter I suggest you check it out. On the low, I think this the first punch thrown in the fight against Black History Month. Think about it...George Washington Carver (a Black man)created peanut butter...The plant where the tainted peanut butter was made was in Georgia (the state in which many Blacks are flocking to these days)...consider the color of peanut butter and then think of one of your family members. This situation is about more than sandwich spread, I think it's racially motivated. Just another way for the other man to bring down the brotha man!

6 Comments:

Blogger Miss McLaughlin said...

Its the 'man', Jarrod. I say you get the boycott started. Matter of fact go ahead and get that March on Atlanta started. Fight for the rights of peanut butter eating (and peanut butter colored) folks everywhere!

4:52 AM

 
Blogger Madam DLBG said...

LOL at your conspiracy theory!! Why did they recall the peanut butter?
**As you can see, i not a frequent news watcher**

7:57 AM

 
Blogger T Dot said...

Madam - they recalled the peanut butter because it had salmonella in it. It's plain craziness, my mom had a jar of tainted peanut butter too. Glad to hear you're okay, J-rod.

But it's a C-O-N-spiracy, you say? Let me marinate on that while I eat my Jif out of the jar.

8:19 AM

 
Blogger Southern Girl said...

Pissed about it too!! I had to throw away a jar FULL of penut butter...only about 3 good sandwhiches in. I don't know what is going on...but I want my 2.97 back..and they better be lucky I didn't get sick...bastards!

4:41 PM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

this was HUH-larious!! this was the type of ignorance i requested 15 weeks ago when you asked....

mad when you said think to one of your fam, i immediately thought of my mom and sister!! ignorant! the latest? botulism in organic baby food!! ignorant. try to be all siddity w/your kids and look how you're rewarded.

9:19 AM

 
Blogger Jarrod said...

Miss - I'm glad someone feels me on this debacle. I'm printing up T-shirts right now!

Madam - I never really paid much attention to the news either. Then I started writing it, so I kinda have to pay attention. Just a little though.

Buford - Damn you and your uncontaminated peanut butter.

Southern - You can send your lid back in to the company and they'll give you a refund.

Jam - I feel you on the baby food. Ain't nothing safe anymore...nothing.

2:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home