Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Pizza For Pesos

I'm not making this up, I promise. We ran this story this morning. A pizza chain called Pizza Patron in the Dallas area says it will now accept pesos and U.S. dollars. Ain't that a bitch? When I first heard this I was laughing, because I love ignorant stuff and this is right up my alley. But then I got to thinking, "this might not be a bad idea." I know some people aren't going to agree with me, but hear me out before you pass judgement. Various European nations accept their own country's currency, U.S. currency and even a universal European form of currency called the euro. So why can't our country do the same? I'm not saying we should make this a nationwide policy. But I do think that states that are near borders like Arizona, New Mexico and Texas should implement this. I know some will raise the arguement that if you're America you should do all things American, like learn the language. I can totally understand that arguement, but I think the country needs to change according to its citizens. Years ago, a McDonalds commercial with an all Black cast didn't exist. Now damn near everyone you see takes place in some fictional urban setting complete with people that look like me. It's not that Mickey D's sold out, they cashed in. They knew that the minority population of America was made up mostly of Black people. So they threw in a couple of fresh beats, added some Timbs and made them some commercials. Now they're focus is shifting to our Latino hermanos y hermanas. Just recently MTV added another channel to its umbrella, MTV Tres. Everyone is preparing for the "Latin Explosion". All I'm saying is, maybe it's time for a change.

5 Comments:

Blogger GreatWhyte said...

"Hermanos y hermanas" SIGH. I'm ready to join that Facebook group now, please.

6:42 PM

 
Blogger T Dot said...

Not a bad idea. Places in states like Michigan accept some Canadian coins (though not the paper money) as regular currency. That always caused a problem for me when I'd come back to Virginia with a pocketful of Canadian dimes and quarters with no place to spend them. I actually had a clerk at Wal-Mart look at me in disgust when I handed her a Canadian quarter. "What's that?" she asked all indignant. I told her a quarter and she was like, "no, you gonna have to give me another one. We won't take that."

Bastards.

8:28 PM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

and may i say the MTV Tres commercial is one of my faves! makes me want to shuck and jive furiously. love it! lololol.

i don't care abt pesos long as i can use 'merican money. why would i? how does that impact me? however, a friend was looking for a job in cali and wasn't eligible because of these words "must be proficient in english and spanish." and it wasn't a customer svc job. now THAT is some BULL-ISH!

6:31 PM

 
Blogger Jarrod said...

X - Sorry, it hasn't been created yet.

Buford - Your first mistake was actually buying something from Wal-Mart. Didn't you steal from there like everyone else did?

Jameil - That commmercial is hilarious. I love the look of the mother when the daughter first comes out showing some skin.

12:34 AM

 
Blogger Madam DLBG said...

I feel that its tiem for a change also. I'mlooking to cash in on the hispanic population. maybe I'll learn spanish, sign up for an income tax couse and make teh rounds in DC

6:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home