Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Monday, November 20, 2006

Losing The Glow

First off let me begin this by saying I am tired of being punked by two of my fellow bloggers. I know I don't really update as often as you'd like. But all this ordering me to blog is gonna stop...dammit! Now, back to my regularly scheduled post. I was in the mall this Sunday popping tags, when I came to a startling realization. It happened while I was dining on some fine mall Chinese cuisine. I'm grubbing when I look up and notice this girl. I hesitate to say woman because I wasn't really sure how old she was, and I'm not risking 3-5. But nevertheless, she looked of age. So she sits down with her plate of food a few feet away from me. So we start playing "eye tag". You know where you look at someone and the minute they look at you, you either look down or away. Pretty juvenile yes, but that was all I had going for me. So you would think after a few games of "eye tag" I would man up and go over and talk to the girl right? WRONG! I sat there and ate my food and then left. I give you the summary to say this: I think I've lost my glow. I feel like Sho-Nuff in "The Last Dragon". You know the scene where his hands stop glowing? Or better yet, I feel like Austin Powers when he lost his mojo. I don't know what's wrong with the kid. It's like I've lost my nerve to talk to women. Now don't get it twisted, the kid is still about that salmon, but I'm not fishing with the same confidence I used to have.

8 Comments:

Blogger hizzle said...

maybe somebody will give you your swagger back for christmas...

6:16 AM

 
Blogger T Dot said...

so mad you called it salmon.

you saying you lost your mojo like you had game in the first place, J. Let's be real - because we've had this convo before - your game is not having any game. That's what makes you you. Embrace your lack of mack and call it a day.

12:42 PM

 
Blogger GreatWhyte said...

So that was one of the sashayers, ehhhh????? You're a loser, MAN UP!

6:47 PM

 
Blogger Jarrod said...

Hizzle...I hope so. I need to reclaim my swagger. On a side note I keep trying to get to your blog, but I can't. Send me the link so I can check you out.

Buford...It was either salmon or the pink meat. I think I made the classy choice. Son I do have game, it just manifests in different ways. And I'm mad you rhymed in your last sentence.

X...Damn homey. That was cold.

3:50 AM

 
Blogger Madam DLBG said...

Jarrod-son, The mojo will come back to you the minute you need it to come back. When a person is worthy of "The Game", you will all of a sudden "have game". It is teh way of the forces...

**floats out of post with legs folded underneath her, finger circles high**

8:46 AM

 
Blogger Southern Girl said...

Awww Jarrod, you'll get your mojo back...in a bottle:0 And when you do , store it away for when you really need it:)

4:21 PM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

vomit at salmon. profusely. you need that swagger back yesterday. *calling jarrod's swagger, calling jarrod's swagger, return to jarrod please. thank you. mindspace management* next cute woman you see, give her "the look" and keep walking. it'll be great.

t said lack of mack!! omg!! lmao. they're clownin you.

1:32 AM

 
Blogger Jarrod said...

Madam...Thank you oh wise one. And I'm mad you floated away.

Southern...Bottled mojo huh? I could market that.

Jameil...So many things wrong with your comment. If my swagger picked up did it say where it was? And do not encourage Talia...

4:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home