Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Monday, December 25, 2006

Don't Get Wally Pipp'd

I was originally going to lament about how I have to work on Christmas Day today. I figured for all that stuff, I'd let you guys read some of Jameil's past blogs about that. Let's just say she and I have similar feelings on working on the holidays. But yeah, I was gonna bitch and moan about it, but I decided I'm going to try and turn a frown upside down. Hence the title of my blog. I realize some of you are asking who the hell is Wally Pipp. Sports fans know who he is. Allow me to educate you guys. Wally Pipp played shortstop for the New York Yankees back in 1925. Pipp missed one game because the manager wanted to "shake up" the team's lineup. In Pipp's place a guy named Lou Gehrig started. Gherig went on to start 2,130 games in a row. Thus the phrase that is the title of this blog was born. If a person get's "Wally Pipp'd" they basically got their job snatched from them. I'm treating today like Halloween and I'm dressed up like Wally Pipp. I'm about to snatch someone's job. This doesn't mean I won't be involved in any type of Grinch-dom. I'm just putting that aside for the next few hours.

2 Comments:

Blogger GreatWhyte said...

DEFINITELY have been Wally Pipp'd before :) Well, this year I can share your pain; I am working on Christmas day too. But hopefully it won't be ALL bad for either of us. MERRY CHRISTMAS to my favorite grouchy Scroogy Grinch. YEAH BOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!

6:17 AM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

ha. i'm actually glad i worked today b/c otherwise i would've spent the day alone and i actually like some of the people i work with. so i had fun. despite all the lamenting i did prior. hahahahaha.

12:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home