Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Monday, December 11, 2006

I'm Not Dead...

Hey gang! Remember me?? If you don't I can understand, I've been away for quite sometime trying to be an adult. It's not all that exciting, but hey it is what it is. While I've been out to lunch, I made a few personal changes. Modifications if you will. To begin with I got rid of my tounge ring. I know, I know some of you ladies didn't get a chance to "check it out", but it was a career move. It's tough enough being the one Black guy in most meetings. It's doubly tough being in there looking like a billboard ad for Rocawear. Add to that this piece of stainless steel in your mouth and you have a recipe for not getting promoted. So I didn't want another reason to be passed over, so I decided to get rid of it. Something else new is I now have a part time job. "But when can find the time to work another job? Don't you work crazy hours during the morning?" Here are the answers to both questions: 1) I don't find the time, it finds me. 2) Yes I do, but I'm on a paper chase. So after my everyday 2am to 9am, I go to the mall and crank out about 4 to 5 more hours. I work at this watch store slinging Diesel, Kenneth Cole and DKNY watches to people. I think that's about all the changes. Some things remain the same though, your boy is still single (but always taking applications), I'm still at the station (but still looking for that full time that gig...TV people holla at me) and I'm still writing (I ain't forget about it). But that's about it, just wanted to let the loyal few who read know I'm still here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Madam DLBG said...

GOOD!!! I was wondering if the elves kipnapped u and we wouldn't hear from you until Christmas... ;-)

8:37 AM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

hmm... and you are again?? thank God for getting rid of the tongue ring!! you know Chris Rock says abt dudes with tongue rings... when i see people with them i also like to sing 36 mafia's "tongue ring." i'm amazed you had it this long. people at work never asked about it?

i will be patient on your writing since you are working so feverishly.

1:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home