Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Monday, December 18, 2006

Holiday Theft

Since I'll be in Virginia this Christmas (there are no holidays if you work in TV), I might be somewhat of a Scrooge. So I'm trying to get some holiday cheer. Good look on the list.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
This is like picking out your favorite child. But I'm gonna have to go with the nog. But only if it's the Southern Comfort brand with Vanilla Spice. I'm a nog snob.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa wrap?? HA!! That's what the elves are for.

3. Colored lights or white lights on tree/house?
I remember us having white lights outside our house back in Jersey. But on the tree we'd have colored and white lights. We're real Affirmative Action in my house.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nah. Nothing clever here, so keep reading!

5. When do you put up your decorations?
I don't. Bah Humbug, Bitches!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Ah man...uh...um...I'ma be a fat boy and just say all of it. I'm all about grease and carbs.

7. Favorite childhood holiday memory.
The one that stands out is one a few years ago. Sega Genesis was still out so that gives you an estimate of the year it happened. Anyway, I got this video game I asked for. I started playing it the minute we finished opening presents. I beat the game that same day and hardly ever played it again.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
The year I looked in my parent's closet and saw me and my brother's presents.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
No. I wait until Christmas Day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Can't decorate what you don't have. And imagine me dropping some dough on a damn tree. Some of those things cost as much as my light bill. Christmas tree or light? You decide.

11. Snow: love it or dread it?
I'm from Jersey, son. I love it because it's one of the few times I look forward to writing my name.

12. Can you ice skate?
And you know this...MAN!!!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Nah, but I did have a few good ones.

14. What’s the most important thing to you about the holidays?
Being with my parents. I know it sounds cheesy and so not me, but it's true.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Mom's sweet potato pie and her red velvet cake. Am I biased? No, I just know hers is better than yours.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Don't have one. The stuff we do ain't all that traditional. We wake up, unwrap presents and eat throughout the day.

17. What tops your tree?
Don't got one. But if I did, either a star or an angel.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving gifts?
I like both actually.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? "Jingle bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg. The Batmobile broke its wheel and the Joker got away"

20. Favorite Christmas movie? The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (animated, not that live-action Jim Carrey debacle) and Home Alone (I can damn near quote that movie word for word).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home