Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What Love Means To Me

I know the title sounds like the beginning to a 4th grader's speech, but it isn't. The reason I took so long with this blog is because I really had to think about what love means to me. And to be honest I still don't know. This isn't me being coy or shrewd, I honestly have no friggin clue. If I had to try and sum it up for you guys, I guess I would say love means...not having to apologize for being who you are. It means that you accept me for me and I accept you for you. To some that may sound like a compromise and that might be what it is, but I really have no idea. For a long time I really didn't convey that emotion, because I couldn't understand it. For me I like to know what I'm getting into before I get into it. I need facts (blame the journalist in me) before I can make that kind of leap. I know in order to commit to the whole love thing you've got to just go out there on faith and hope for the best. I can't do that. I start playing the "What If?" game. "What if I tell her I love her and she doesn't love me back?...What if I tell her I love her too late?" I've been on that side of the coin flip and I lose almost everytime. So if it takes me to be guarded with my emotions then so be it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jameil said...

you gotta let go. i will continue to say it. its so worth it. yeah it sucks to get hurt but it sucks even more to end up alone or keep runnin around w/scallywags b/c you're too afraid to try for something bigger. its sooo freeing to be with someone who accepts you for you. it makes everything worth it.

10:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home