Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

S%*@ That's Bothering Me...

Song Playing: "Dirt Of Your Shoulder/Lying From You" Jay-Z and Linkin Park

1. On some real shit...I feel bad for that nigga Bush (yeah I know I said nigga...get over it). The dude can't win. He's got a war he can't win. He's got mothers following him arond the country blaming him for the deaths of their sons and daughters. He's got hurricanes destroying cities. I'm not a Bush supporter nor am I a Bush basher. I ain't vote. Don't feel bad about it either. But Bush has it bad man. I bet he's mad he can't get high anymore.

2. This ain't really bothering me but it's been on my mind. I work at a TV station and everyday for about 5 hours straight I see new and old video of Hurricane Katrina victims. I'm not an insensitive prick, but sometimes I just think that maybe just maybe the news (the local news I mean) should try to focus more on what's going on in our own neighborhoods. For example we aired about 10 or more Katrina related stories in the first half-hour of the morning news yesterday...as opposed to ONE LOCAL STORY about a house fire. If I were in a position where I could choose to cover what I deemed important, I'd focus more on local events.

3. All summer I've been listening to that Jay-Z song "Dear Summer". As a matter of fact...I just started playing it now to get me in the mind frame I need to be in to write this. Every person who graduated college in 2005...this should be your anthem. If you think about it, we just had our last hurrah. It hit me when my brother started college this past week. I had flashbacks of me and my new friends doing random stuff just caue we had curfew and couldn't go anywhere. But I'm getting away from the main point...(had to start the song over). I've realized that I might have pissed away four great years and I don't have much to show. Yeah I've got friends and memories, but something's missing. I miss summer.

4. I want a girlfriend. Just thought I'd put that out there. I'm accepting applications and conducting interviews. I know this sounds jovial and all that, but I'm so sincere. Ladies if any of you are interested send me an e-mail at jmitchem83@yahoo.com. I don't discriminate I love all colors from light bright to midnight.

5. Finally, what happened to the Gulf Coast (not just New Orleans but also Alabama...niggas forget about that) is tough. I can't imagine losing everything I own in the blink of an eye and then being forced to leave it all behind. That's all I have to say about that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jameil said...

Who says Bush doesn't get high anymore? Who's gonna tell on him? Umm.. "don't complain if you're complacent" and you don't vote? Come on. You're complaining about other people in office in other posts but you don't vote or activate to keep them out. And you say blacks don't do enough. Talia called you out. What are you doing? At least start at work. That's why they need us in the newsrooms.

Katrina. Your station probably should've done the local angle. Like what are people here doing to help. You have the local news thing. I don't have that. I work at a local station and I get tired of hearing about these doggone house fires and gas line breaks everyday. But it should definitely be higher in the rundown at an affiliate. Isn't it hard to speak up when you feel like the low man on the totem pole? But somebody's gotta do it. Let me guess, you're the only black person under the age of 30 that is not talent. I'm the only black person in news that is not on the air. The only one. Its lonely.

I'm mad you really asked for applications. I'm dying!! I want to know what kind of responses you got. Lol.

12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home