Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Gettin It Off My Chest

Song Playing-"Yes" by Memphis Bleek

Why is it everytime a woman gets out of a bad relationship she immediately adopts the "N.A.S." attitude? For those who don't know what the acronym means...ask a black woman. Why is it that ya'll (forgive me for generalizing) want to hate the entire male sex for the mistakes of one person? I just don't get it. Granted us men do get a little bitter after a break-up (it's time to admit it fellas), but we don't alienate ourselves from the female population. Just remember the dude you brush off might be one of the good guys you think doesn't exist anymore.
Forgive me for sounding like I'm throwing some sort of hissy fit (I'm a grown ass man, I don't throw fits), but I really can't wrap my mind around this. You don't see men swearing off women forever just because one girl shut him down. Could it be that men have more options? I honestly want to know what the ladies are thinking. I think this is going to be next question of the week...Why do women swear off men the minute they get hurt? Once again the best response will get a shout out in my next blog.

"We can easily forgive a child for being afraid of the dark; the real tragedy is men who are afriad of the light."-Plato

2 Comments:

Blogger cherry's kid said...

Men do have more options especially since 50% of black men are in jail. And most of the time you guys don't know what you want, one minute you want a good girl that doesn't go anywhere then when she gets boring you want a freak, then you want a homemaker, make up ya'll damn minds. And we just as stupid for running up behind you trying to fit into whatever category you want us in for that week, day, or minute! What's most important is survival and ain't no one gonna make you happy but yourself...so in my book for right now since my back-up plan has faultered, N.A.S.!!!!!

8:23 AM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

I want to know the answer to this, too. I have this conversation with my friends every single time a man does something ignorant. So what? Black men do not have a patent on bad behavior. Just ask that white woman in the trailer park that has 6 kids by multiple men, none of which are around anymore. There are people I don't talk to anymore because of their actions, but as far as condemning the sex? Nah. That's unnecessary.

But yes, I have also had black male friends that did the same thing, but through their actions. "My girl cheated on me, was a hoe, etc., so I'm not gonna have a girl anymore, I'm just gonna do me." That's not cute either.

11:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home