Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Dammit...Now I'm It!

Song Playing-"Do Your Thing" Cam'Ron

Hope your happy Buford. And I got that part 4 cooking on the stove. It'll be done in a few.

Four jobs I've had:
KB Toys (I was slinging Power Rangers to the masses)
General Motors (The kid was working the assembly line building cars. That was a rough summer.)
The BOC Group (It was my mom's job. I was an intern for Corporate Relations. I basically did research with a couple of international companies and showed people all Black men in office buildings don't work in the mail room)
CVS (Providing people with those last minute Valentine's Day, birthday and Christmas cards)

Four movies I could watch over and over:
Spaceballs (It's a Mel Brooks parody of Star Wars)
Batman (The original one with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson. I mean come on...who doesn't like Batman????)
New Jack City ("Cancel that bitch! I'll buy a new one!" One of the coldest lines on film)
The Mack ("Now we can settle this like men,or we can get into some gangsta shit." That's one of the other coldest lines on film.)

Four places I have lived:
Roselle, NJ (Be it ever so humble there's no place like home)
Winter Haven, FL (Me and my brother used to spend summers there with our grandparents going to vacation bible school.)
Hampton, VA (Did a four-year bid at Hampton University)
Greensboro, NC (Did a week-long NABJ thing there)

Four TV shows I Love:
Girlfriends (I don't give a damn!! All four of em could get it)
24 (Jack Bauer might be the most gangsta white man besides James Bond)
Sportscenter (Gotta get my daily fix of the day's sporting events)
Martin (If you have to ask why just hit the X in the top right hand corner of this page)

Four places I've been on vacation:
The Bahamas (LONG LIVE THE LIDO!!!!)
Winter Haven, FL (Visiting the grandparents)
Miami, FL (WET WILLIES!!!!!)
St. Louis, MO (Visiting the god-parents)

Four favorite foods:
Red Velvet Cake (Mom's does it big with the baking)
Chicken Cheese Steak (Big shout out to the chicken shack back home in Jersey)
Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day dinner ham (Don't front like the swine ain't off the hook!! Especially the next day when you make that sandwich!!)
Women (Yeah I said it...)

Four places I'd rather be right now:
425 E. 7th Avenue Roselle, NJ 07203 (My old house in Jersey)
Providence, RI (So Buford wouldn't be lonely)
Elmira, NY (There's a TV station there that might hire me)
Miami, FL (Self explanatory)

Four Web sites I visit daily:
Yahoo (gotta check that e-mail)
Wachovia (gotta check that money)
Facebook (It's like crack)
Nj.com (gotta read the hometown paper)

Four bloggers who are now IT!
Charisse (Should be interesting to see what she puts)
Coleman (Just cause he needs to blog something)
Crystal (Hers should be interesting too)
Monique (You need a perspective from all age ranges. Sorry I had to get one age joke in!!)

3 Comments:

Blogger GreatWhyte said...

I have so many comments about this post, but I'll save them for later. But WOMEN? I mean, really... As far as the age joke - I'll handle that at 1104.

2:36 PM

 
Blogger cherry's kid said...

So I'm it now? okay....I got you!

1:02 PM

 
Blogger M-Dubb said...

I feel you on a lot of stuff in the list man!

Wet Willies is dat deal. They got one in St. Pete, but I'onno about goin up in there.

What you know bout Winter Haven? I worked there for two weeks during my fourth newspaper internship.

11:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home