Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Thursday, December 01, 2005

New Draws And Some Mo Shit...

Ok so I bought some new underwear yesterday. It may not seem like a big deal to whoever is reading this, but to me it's a big step. I'm not gonna play myself and put out there the last time I bought some draws, but let's just say it's been a minute. Nevertheless, I bought them at the most random K-Mart in the city of Hampton. The reason...I really didn't want anyone seeing me buying my draws. I mean how is gonna look if I'm in let's say Target and I got the new Floetry CD (which is CRACK by the way), some Altoid gum and two 3 packs of Hanes. I mean women have it easy. There are stores designed to sell you underwear. If there were a store that sold only wife beaters, draws and socks it would be great. ***SideNote-Who came up with the term wifebeater? Was it something Ike Turner created so he could have more range of motion on his back hand?
Ok, enough of the jovial stuff. Here's one of my rare serious moments. Today is December 1st also known as World AIDS Day. Now in my past I wouldn't give two ounces of emotion on this day. However, after being tested for HIV (Results were negative by the way) and having to wait that week for those results I have a new perspective on AIDS. I'm not saying I'm going to go out and be a champion for finding a cure. But I am more aware that this is a fight that we don't seem to be winning. Just felt like saying that. I'll holla when I holla...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home