Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Thursday, October 27, 2005

"You're Not A Hoe...You're Just Ho-ish"

These are the words my 100% platonic friend "Jezzi" said to me a few days ago. Naturally I was taken aback. Wouldn't you be? I mean here's one of the few women who's opinion I value, and she calls me "ho-ish". So of course we talked abut this. And I had what I thought was a good arguement going, when she said this one thing that made me think. "Out of every girl you've messed with at Hampton, did you ever consider making any of them your girlfriend?" And I paused. I thought. And I answered. "No...no I didn't." This made me wonder, "Am I really a man whore?" Of course in my original defense I said no, but as I look back at some of the things I've done I'm really wondering if I am one. There have been times when I've only seeked a woman's company just to have sex with her. There have also been times when I've lost intrest in a woman because she wasn't intrested in having sex with me. Now I admit those things do sound ho-ish, but in my defense I was a lot younger then and much more shallow. I'm not saying I've made a complete change, but I'd like to think I'm at the point in my life where I value a woman for more than her body.

So how does a proclaimed "ho-ish" man reform?

That's the question, now you guys provide some answers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Zeezy4Sheezy said...

I've gone through the man whore phase and realized that wasn't for me. Honestly the key is just growing up and finding out works best for you. If its in your blood to be a man whore. do the damn thing

3:40 AM

 
Blogger Jarrod said...

I guess the reason I did mess with women of a lesser quality is because I wasn't ready (or at least I thought I wasn't ready) to be in the type of mental relationship that came along with having a physical one. I guess step one to recovery is admitting you have a problem huh?

12:39 AM

 
Blogger cherry's kid said...

You were ho-ish in college? Come on I know we're from Hoselle and with the type of friends I kept when we were in high school I really shouldn't be talking....BUT YOU KNOW DAMN WELL NANA, AUNT JOYCE, AND EVERYONE ELSE IN OUR FAMILY DID NOT RAISE YOU TO BE THAT WAY!!!!!!!!! So now with that said go pray for help!

~PS. I won't tell Aunt Joyce this but about that tattoo that's another story....Oh and Rodney (is he going by Wes or is that Keith) anyway Rod was suppose to call me with some info after the A&T Homecoming he didn't call...tell that nucca I'm gunning for him now!

7:44 AM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

That's a college mentality that too many people don't outgrow. One of my guy friends told me just before our senior year at HU, "I don't think I've taken advantage of the whole college thing enough." Yuck. But this is rampant at HU. Dudes that go from girl to girl. Its definitely about maturity and what you're looking for. If you're looking for someone to just have sex with, you'll definitely find her. But know that it might come back to bite you on the ass... or somewhere else.

So that didn't answer the question. How do you stop? Grow up. Sounds simple and obvious, but its true. Stop being around those girls that accepted that behavior. Separate yourself from those ideas and move on. Sounds boring, but you might be happier. At least none of your friends will call you "ho-ish" anymore. Lol. That was funny. Ho-ish.

10:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home