Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Friday, February 24, 2006

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Let it be noted that today is February 24, 2006 and it is the first time in the entire month that there has been a Black History story aired on my show (I work the morning show). Glory be!! De gon let us be on da news!!! My sarcasm is obviously hiding the fact that this is some bull. There's four days left in Black History Month, and we're just getting to a Black History story. Check my station's website and you'll see three anchors of color. And you mean to tell me they never stuck there necks out to get something aired. I understand it's sweeps for our business and this is a time that we need to get our ratings up. But humor the brown people, please. Now I know many of you are going to ask me, "Well what did you do about this Jarrod? Why did you just sit around and do nothing?" Let me explain my position to everyone out there. My "job title" may be associate producer, but I am in essence a writer who gets his copy changed daily and then runs the teleprompter. So for me to ask why this and why that is equivalent to Kunta asking why he should change his name to Toby. This isn't all stemming from the lack of stories about and for Black people during Black History Month, it's bigger than that. But I don't have enough time to speak on it, just know it involves my dislike for my job. I'll holla...

2 Comments:

Blogger cherry's kid said...

So my question Jarrod is this...what are you going to do about it since you know you don't like your job? There's a difference between working to live and wanting to work while you're living...you have the opportunities to advance you just need to step on them! Look IT is a lot bigger than what you're making it to be but the question is now that you have established that it is a lot bigger what are you going to do to make it a lot more smaller? Always, your cousin!

7:00 AM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

yeah i know your position, but we still have to speak up. they hired us b/c we're black. so they need to listen to our voices. but you have to go in there w/more than just "where are the black people?" you need to have examples of how they've fallen short, and could have done better. black people watch the news, too.

8:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home