Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Greatest Of All Time


Song Playing "What You Want" Notorious B.I.G. Featuring Jay-Z

Today is March 9th. It was on this day in 1997 that Christopher Wallace a.k.a. The Notorious B.I.G. was shot and killed in Los Angeles. I remember when I used to live in Jersey the radio stations would play Biggie songs all day. Rappers would call in and request for their favorite Biggie songs to be played. It's weird now because I live in Virginia and the same thing doesn't happen on radio stations down here. I guess it's because I was so close to New York and BIggie was a New York rapper. But I'm getting off task. The main objective for this post was just to ask you all out there in Blogger land what your favorite Biggie song is and why. I'd have to say my favorite is "Big Poppa". B.I.G. made it cool to be a big brother. He showed you could still be a player even if you were a little bigger than the average dude.

4 Comments:

Blogger cherry's kid said...

My favorite Biggie song is and will always be "Juicy"! "Juicy" got me thru undergrad...that was my theme song...went from ashy to classy and that's what I did when I went to college...Also I would listen to it on repeat for about an hour at least one hour before I had an exam and it seemed to make me realize that whatever exam I was taking I needed to pass so that I can continue to go from ashy to classy!

6:29 AM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

not a biggie fan really, but i would go w/"one more chance." in pittsburgh, they play a minimum of one biggie song a day on the radio. but it seems like waaaaay more.

4:43 AM

 
Blogger M-Dubb said...

Armed and dangerous
Aint too many can bang wit us
Str8 up weed, no angel dust
Label us NO-TOR-I-OUS

12:55 PM

 
Blogger E said...

"Juicy" is my favorite Biggie song, although I'm not the biggest Biggie fan.

4:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home