Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Perspective

It's crazy how whenever one of us thinks our life is on a one way track to Shitville, something bigger than us happens to someone we know.
Usually that makes whatever we're going through seem petty and trivial.
Here I was a few days ago airing out my problems about life and the troubles I've got, when I just got off the phone with one of my best friends from high school. He's graduating from North Carolina A&T this weekend, and real talk I'm proud of him. I'm glad to see he stuck it through despite all the BS he had to go through to get to this point. Well he just told me that his uncle is in the hospital right now. Apparently he had a heart attack. At one point he told me, they even lost him. I'm talking flatline. But they brought him back. Now virtually his whole family is going to New Jersey to be with his uncle. That just makes my supposed troubles with work and my life seem real...insignificant you know? That's just one thing. Through the magic of the internet I found out that one of my classmates from Hampton was a real serious accident. Part of her car is gone. Like her front bumper is like 35% there. She survived with no broken bones I might add. It's just crazy sometimes, ya dig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home