Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Monday, May 07, 2007

Update

Let the record state I was punked into posting. All i'm going to say is Jameil has a way with words. I know I've been pretty MIA since my last post. Believe me you guys, I've been trying to post, but on the real, I just haven't had it in me. Between work treating me like the 2007 version of Toby and my mind floating in every direction, I just haven't had time to commit to a single thought let alone write about it. Well, I'm at work now and I have a free minute so here's a rundown of what's new with the kid.

1) The quarter life crisis is in FULL swing. Despite my absence from posting, I've been dipping in and out of the blog world reading people's stuff. It's too many to tag individually, but just know that I've been reading. It's somewhat comforting to know that I'm not the only one trying to make sense of...everything basically. One minute I'm feeling good about the job because my show was number one at noon, the next I'm pissed cause my entire 5:30 show is going down faster than a $15 dollar prostitute. I jest but that's how I get through. Buford says this is the time I need to reach out to a mentor. Real talk, I don't trust anyone. I've learned a few things during my tenure as a producer. One of them is this, the minute shit hits the fan, niggas reach for custom made umbrellas. Translation, people look out for themselves. Maybe I'm some sort of idealist who still believes in the concept of team and looking out for the next man. Monique says I need to stop boo-hooing about shit and get 'er done (I'm paraphrasing obviously). And Jameil says blog, but that's just because she's nosy.

2) Still living the single life, but that's my fault. You play the bar at Applebee's and you come home with riblets, not ribs.

3) It's weird getting comments from people who don't have blogs about your blog. Has this happened to anyone else?

4) I'm still writing, just not on one specific thing. I got pilots for tv shows to start/finish...my story to get back to...this blog...and not to mention my everyday duties as a producer. The plate is full, but I'm still hungry. I was gonna sign off with something witty and charming, but slowly I think that side of me is melting away. I won't turn into some cantankerous (break out the Webster's College Edition bitches) guy, but I ain't gonna be as chipper. Guess news does that to you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jameil said...

news makes you bitter. sometimes. plus we're too young to be happy. lmao. that's stupid.

lmao @ the 2007 version of Toby!! hilarious. i'm not nosy, i'm engaged, concerned, curious.

you need an umbrella-ella-ella? (hate that song) the higher up people get, the less concerned they are about kickin you to the curb b/c you takin their job is not really an option. so maybe your mentor won't come from your station.

i never get non-bloggers. that's how i like it.

9:11 AM

 
Blogger Madam DLBG said...

LMAO at 2007 Toby...

- What's ur name boy?
- *panting* Jarrod
*whip racks on skin*
- Your name is Bill!!!

LOL, I chose Bill cause there's always a writer named Bill

12:59 PM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

the real deal with bill mcneal! whoooooooo! love newsradio. madam is foolish. i came back to say something else but she made me forget.

4:53 PM

 
Blogger Mr. Opinionated said...

I was wondering what happened to you playa. Shit gets rough sometimes, and your mind is too full to pour everything out onto your blog. It happens. Don't let Jameil punk you.

8:29 AM

 
Blogger T Dot said...

I was about to post something, but I've decided I'm just going to call you instead. You know I don't like this wallowing stuff, so quit it. And don't let this business change who you are (though inevitably, seeing death, destruction and dumb people every day, will).

12:23 PM

 
Blogger GreatWhyte said...

Wow... your paraphrasing made me sound a little... well, BITCHY comes to mind. But I guess it's all good. Don't let those people at YOUR news channel 3 get yu down, Jarrod. You're WAY more talented than they (and even YOU) give you credit for. We've talked about this. Now suck it up and KEEP IT MOVIN :)

3:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home