Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Monday, April 03, 2006

An Excerpt From My "Journal"

Time: 4:03 p.m.
Place: My APT in Hampton, VA
Song Playing: "Can't Stop" by Ne-Yo (it ain't on the album...I got those exclusive joints!!)

First off let me pat myself on the back for using the word "excerpt" correctly...pat, pat, pat. Aight now that that's done let me explain the title of this post. For my birthday Grown Woman got me a journal. She wanted me to use it to continue writing my little story (which I will get back to, I promise). But I've sort of adopted it as my "journal". I hesitate to use that word cause it just sounds weird. I can't call it a "diary" just because I'm a grown ass man. And a grown ass man doesn't have a diary. But I'm getting away from the original purpose of this post. This is actually the first thing I wrote in my "journal". I was in my car when I had this random but real thought. It's more of a hypothesis. I think a person's car reflects who they are as a person. Take me for example (which makes sense because I immediately thought of my life when I had this thought). On the exterior I appear to be a calm, cool, and collected individual. But on the inside, there's all this...stuff that is jumbled together. Now how does this relate to my car? The color of my car is blue. Blue is typically a calming and soothing color. A color that eases your mind. Much like myself. On the inside of my car, there are bills from last week all up in there. Candy wrappers. My leather jacket. A water bottle. A soda bottle and a pair of Timbs. It's like I'm a functioning slob. But that's going into a differnt subject for another day. But what do you think about my analogy? Take a lookat your car and then look at yourself. You might be surprised at the similarities. Again this is just a hypothesis and not a fact. But it's still an interesting one.

7 Comments:

Blogger cherry's kid said...

I do have to say I agree...My car is small, compact, neat, always clean, sand colored...Me I'm small, neat, always clean and sand colored...my car has a few knicks here and there...I have a few childhood scars...my car runs well even though it's been in some bad accidents (almost totalled 2x) and me I'm managing very well and I've had two very serious relationships with very serious breakups...on the inside it's ok...clean but everything is in there...in the trunk an extra pair of clothes, music for days, fruit snacks juices...me...I have carry the biggest pocketbook in the world that has everything in it...I'm a little disorganized and chaotic within but on the outside besides my minor knicks you would never know...(patting myself on the back for being so insightful on myself) :)

4:00 PM

 
Blogger T Dot said...

Mitchem, you might just be on to something here.

I don't need to go into what my car looks like inside because we both know of the black hole that is. But I'd say I'm like my car, sophisticated looking usually, sometimes a little unkempt, but reliable and dependable with a lot of personality. :-)

6:53 AM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

i think that's one of the reasons i don't really like my car. b/c it doesn't speak to who i am enough. it doesn't fit me. my friends think it does, but i feel like its a little less sporty than i am. my trunk is always immaculate no matter what the inside looks like. what is that analagous with? (keep it clean lol)

9:37 PM

 
Blogger Jarrod said...

I ain't walking into that trap Jameil...lol

1:34 AM

 
Blogger GreatWhyte said...

I think that the inside of my cars reflects who I am, but I'm a little hesitant to say the same about the outside... you know my rides STAY dirty with all the pollen, tree sap, blah blah blah. But I never roll that way myself. However, the INSIDE.... well, enough said. My inside is a mess - maybe I should work on that :)

8:10 AM

 
Blogger Darby said...

What does it mean that I dont have a car? Is my life empty??? Oh no!

8:33 AM

 
Blogger T Dot said...

Someone's slacking on their blogging...pick it up, Mitchem.

And where's the next installment of the story? been a while, sir.

3:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home