Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Friday, July 28, 2006

Keeping In Touch

So I get a late night phone call from one of my best friends back home in Jersey. He was under the influence of an uncontrolled substance. So naturally he was telling the truth. In between the "I love you's" and "you guys are the best friends I ever had" he also chastized me. In order to do the conversation I'll just paraphrase it. He basically said I was horrible in keeping in contact with people. He told me that because he considers me to be more family than some of his blood relatives, he expects me to stay in contact with not only him but everyone else. He reminded me of a quote one of our other "brothers" lives by. "Family is not something one is born into, but rather something one chooses." He chooses to call me and the rest of the crew back home brothers. That should at least grant him a phone call every Sunday right?

6 Comments:

Blogger T Dot said...

Right.

I would jump on the bandwagon with him about your incommunicado nature, but I'm just as bad. Some of my girls back home, I haven't spoken to since I last went home. I go to pick up the phone, but a part of me thinks we might not have anything to talk about. And that maybe it's better if we just remember the conversations we used to have. I need to do better, too.

11:14 AM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

i know that's right. i had to cuss out my homie stace for not callin. she wouldn't call anyone. she's much more too my liking now. and my homie morg, too. you just gotta talk to at least one person out the crew.

2:58 PM

 
Blogger La said...

LOL I'm guilty. I'm a multiple offender: not calling, not returning calls, not picking up when people call, etc.

But the fact of the matter is the people that I do call (when I get a moment to sit still) know that it's just my nature. And we still talk like we never went months w/o talking. I just got back in touch with my girl I haven't spoken or seen in 4 years; we stayed on the phone for 4 hours w/o ever so much as a lull in the conversation. So that was worth it to me.

And besides, can you really trust the chastisement of a drunk? LOL

4:17 PM

 
Blogger Jarrod said...

Buford...we all fall victim to letting stuff get in the way of talking to people. It's all god.

Jameil...I've been lectured by the fellas a few times. You'd think I'd learn better by now.

Laurenashleigh...4 hours?? I hate being at work that long let alone talking. As for my friend being drunk...not really. Try another uncontrolled substance. More in the pill form.

5:08 AM

 
Blogger GreatWhyte said...

The funniest thing just happened: I could've SWORN that when I was reading Jameil's blog, you said, "I can't leave the house without ironing something." WHO ARE YOU and what have you done with Jarrod?

8:22 AM

 
Blogger La said...

LMAO! Oh goodness people. In that case you REALLY can't trust anything he says. He was probably rubbing all over himself and making sex eyes at fish while he was chastising you. HA!

11:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home