Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Monday, May 29, 2006

A Salute To Journalists!

Place: WORK!!!
Time: 7:12 a.m.
Song Playing: NONE CAUSE I'M AT WORK!!!

This goes out to all my people in the journalism world. The people who don't know the meaning of the word holiday. We work Memorial Day, 4th Of July, Labor Day, etc. Name a major holiday and someone in the media is working. Why you ask? Cause niggas always pick holidays to do dumb shit! Why is it every Memorial Day Weekend someone shoots up Pookie and Keelaisha's cookout/engagement party/baby shower? Can't ya'll save that for next week? And then the actual holiday you do work what happens? Not a damn thing! You're stuck either in the newsroom pretending to do beat checks while you're really working on that game of "Spider Solitaire", or you're blogging. So if you're sitting in your house in your PJ's reading this chuckling cause you have the day off...screw you! But if you're pretending to chase a lead so you don't get fired I salute you. If you're balancing your checkbook instead of calling about that fire downtown, I salute you. If you're reading this knowing damn well you need to be calling a source about that shooting in that unsavory part of town, I salute you!

***The comments just typed are purely in jest and frustration. If I've offended you I apologize. I really am sorry you're home enjoying your bowl of Corn Pops while I come down from my sugar high that enables me to stay awake throughout the night.***

6 Comments:

Blogger Jameil said...

and please don't forget this past year i worked christmas eve, christmas, new years eve and new years day. 2006 we need to add palm sunday, easter, valentine's day, mlk day, and memorial day. hey! i missed st. patrick's day! looky there!

1:04 PM

 
Blogger T Dot said...

Can I get the salute if I'm doing those things on a non-holiday? The day after a holiday still counts as a holiday, right?

11:37 AM

 
Blogger Southern Girl said...

New to this blogger world, wanted to let you know that you are an interesting cat....LOVE the story your telling and it is GREAT to hear a young black person doing there thing!! Keep it up...you give me hope:)

12:40 PM

 
Blogger Jarrod said...

No Talia, no you can't. You have to be down with the struggle 100%. If you're doing those things on a non-holiday, you're just slacking.

4:47 AM

 
Blogger T Dot said...

I'll take that.

And by the way, your Facebook picture is just pure gluttony. Only you would find the one way to get free donuts.

Bastard.

12:12 PM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

free doughnuts?????? betta not be krispy kreme or i'll be heated!!! lol

4:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home