Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Standing On My Soapbox...

Time: 5 p.m.
Place: My apartment in Hampton, VA
Song Playing: "War With God" By Ludacris

Jazmine: Huey? What's that you're carrying?

Huey: It's a soapbox. People say if you have something important to say, you stand on top of this and say it.

Gotta love how relevant "The Boondocks" is. Today is National H.I.V. Testing Day. It also marks the 25th year the disease that causes A.I.D.S. has been known by scientists. Now I ain't gonna stand on my soapbox and spit a whole bunch of random facts and numbers, people don't tune in to that. I'ma just speak what I feel, and if you feel it that's what's good. If not...that's what's good too. Hold on...that Luda I was playing just went off.

Song Now Playing: "Pulling Me Back" Chingy Feat. Tyrese

I got tested for the first time around this time last year. And I can honestly say it was an awkward couple of days waiting for the results. I knew I was clean...but the smallest doubt crept into my mind and started to grow. I ain't gonna go into details cause who knows is reading this...but the tests came back negative. But I really do stress getting tested ya'll. It's some bull how we're (meaning African-Americans...Negroes...Niggers...NIggas or whatever else is politically correct to call someone Black this week) only 12% percent of the population, but the majority of people in this country with H.I.V. Aight, I'm done spitting numbers.

On to more pressing issues...I think I'm gonna boycott the "new" season of Chappelle's Show. Anyone who knows me knows this goes against the ignorance deep within me. Me with no Chappelle is like Jordan without Pippen...the Bloods without the Crips. But I'm gonna support my main man Dave. He said he wanted nothing to do with this "season" so neither do I. My ignorance may suffer for sometime...so if I'm really sullen (that's a college graduate word for that ass!!!) it means I'm just Dave- deprived. But lo, I will have my satisfaction soon because "The Boondocks" first season will come out in July. And I'm in the kitchen cookin up that white so be easy...sorry I got real hood. My apologies. What I meant to say was I'm working on my lil' saga so keep checkin in.
And now I leave you with a quote young T-Dot dropped on me a while ago that made me think.

"A private nigga moment shames you. A public nigga moment shames everyone."-Huey Freeman-"The Boondocks"

Gotta love how relevant "The Boondocks" is.

4 Comments:

Blogger GreatWhyte said...

Relevant or not, nothing trumps this Boondocks moment: "Nigga technology is anything that people can do with their thumbs. And just because you sit your two-way on the desk doesn't make it a computer." PRICELESS!!!!!! And yes, happy HIV/AIDS Awareness Day... glad to see that people are still taking the need to get tested seriously.

5:52 PM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! hilarious. if i have to tell one more of my friends to use a condom, i'm gonna scream. female friends, if i have to tell them to carry condoms. do you know in 2006, i have friends who refuse to buy them!!!? what is that about?! i'm like trick i'll buy them for you! ridiculous.

1:45 AM

 
Blogger T Dot said...

I'm so glad you're clean. Good job, buddy.

And I so don't remember saying that, but I remember when Huey said it. That quote is funny as hell.

1:45 PM

 
Blogger Summer G said...

And you are aware that the box set of Season One is available right?
I know because a white-collar coworker of mine that moonlights as a bootlegger/hustleman offered to burn it for me... $10. Now, I imagine you'd be hard-pressed to find the bootlegged dupes with all the neat artwork and packaging that I'd expect from McGruder... but then again, you live on the East Coast... and bruhs/hustlas/CRIMINALS are waaaaaayyy more crafty up there than here in the South. In the words (and tone) of Huey Freeman in that SAME Granddad's Fight episode, "Its a FACT!"

Nice to read your stuff... Sorry if I was intruding.

9:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home