Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Cookout Conversation

Female Friend: So do you have a girlfriend?
Me: (smiling)...nah.
FF: Well why not?
Me: I dunno...I just don't. Why is it everytime I tell a woman I'm single they have this surprised look on their face. Can a nigga just be single?
FF: Do you really want to know why?
Me: Sure. I love the truth.
FF: Because you look like that type.
Me: What type?
FF: The type that always seems to have a girlfriend.
Me: (puzzled look)...HUH???!!
FF: You just look like that guy that seems to be wifed up. I mean you're cute. Funny. Smart. And those kind just seem to be always wifed up.
Me: I see. So what was the real reason in you asking me that initial question.
FF: Becasuse my LS thinks you're cute and wanted to know if you had a girl. I told her no, but I would check with you to make sure cause you never know.
Me: True.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jameil said...

hmm... that's interesting. b/c to me you look like the type who's never got a girl just kind of puts em in the rotation... interesting.

4:09 PM

 
Blogger Madam DLBG said...

You can just be single, but is their a particualr reason ur not boo'ed up?

6:09 PM

 
Blogger T Dot said...

LOL @ Jameil.

You've got them fooled, J. Got them going for the swindle.

8:02 PM

 
Blogger Jarrod said...

Jameil...LOL. You make it sound like I have a roster.

Madam...Yes there is a reason. I haven't met anyone down here I want to be boo'ed up with.

Buford...Swindle? I know not the meaning of that word.

3:30 AM

 
Blogger La said...

It is the goal of every single woman; to find out what is wrong with the seemingly perfect single man who doesnt wanna be with us. It's an ego thing I guess,lol

12:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home