Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Time Changes A Person

This blog begat from Grown Woman...which begat from Buford's sister...which begat from...I don't know. But here it is, a look at what I was doing 10 years ago.

10 years ago it was August 9, 2006

1. How old were you?
Then: 13
Now: 23

2. Where did you work?
Then: I was 13. That would've violated Child Labor Laws.
Now: A TV station in Norfolk, VA

3. Where did you live?
Then: The quiet streets of Roselle, New Jersey
Now: The mean streets of Norfolk, Virginia

4. How was your hairstyle?
Then: A fade with a hook part. I dare ya'll to clown the kid. Remember folks I was 13.
Now: I make cats seasick with the waves I got spinning on my head.

5. Did you wear contacts?
Then: Nah
Now: Still nah

6. Did you wear glasses?
Then: Yeah man.
Now: Yeah

7. Which of your pets was still alive?
Then: My bitch Sable...she was a golden retriever.
Now: None...Sable died a few years back.

8. Who was your girlfriend?
Then: This chick named Adrienne
Now: Um...uh...no one.

9. Who was your celebrity crush?
Then: I really don't remember. Guess alcohol does kill brain cells.
Now: Halle Berry

10. How many piercings did you have?
Then: None.
Now: Three.

11. How many tattoos did you have?
Then: Nigga I was 13!!!
Now: Three

12. Who was you favorite singer/band?
Then: Boyz II Men. Again it was 1996. Don't front like you ain't bump "II" back in the day. I'm not the only one who bought that CD.
Now: Almost everyone...and I mean it. I got range from Jay-Z to System Of A Down to Bach.

13. Had you smoked a cigarette?
Then: Nah
Now: Still nah

14. Had you gotten drunk?
Then: Nope
Now: Fif!!! (Chappelle's Show fans know what it is)

15. What kind of car did you drive?
Then: Car? More like bike.
Now: 2000 Pontiac Grand Am

16. Looking back, are you where you thought you would be in 2006?
Nah. I wasn't thinking that far into the future.

And here a few hopeful predictions for what I'll be doing 10 years from now.

Age: 33
Job: Producer either at ESPN or a TV station in a top 10 market
Location: Bristol, Connectict or a top 10 market
Hairstyle: Still spinning, unless male pattern baldness kicks in. If it does, I'm rockin the baldie all day every day.
Family: Married with my own little tribe. Don't want to still be bar hopping.
Contacts/Glasses: Frames all day.
Pets: Something the kids can play with, but my neighbors will fear.
Girlfriend: I'll be married, and I ain't down with having a woman on the side.
Celebrity Crush: Halle might still be up there.
Piercings/Tattoos: I might have a few new tats. I'm done with piercings.
Favorite Artist/Band/Singer: By then all the people out now will be considered old school. So I'm gonna say whatever is considered old school at that point in time.
Home: A bomb ass spot. I'm being vague cause I really don't know.
Accomplishments: Just being a good father and husband is enough for me.
Volunteer Work: Depends on if pursue any post graduate activities
My Ride: I'm gonna need something for the kids and dog, so I'll say some sort of SUV. But I refuse to push a mini-van. That's not sexy.
Drinking: I'll have a taste here and there.

6 Comments:

Blogger GreatWhyte said...

I'm not sure, but did you say "a hook part?" Okay, I just wanted to be clear, so that I could start with, "Umm... wha... I.... I mean... I just don't understand." You know the drill :) And why Bristol, COnnecticut? That's an interesting choice...

7:52 AM

 
Blogger La said...

Just 2 things:
The "mean" streets of Norfolk? HA! LOL
I don't care what you say. I'm clowing the hook part. Excuse me...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok I'm done. LOL I'm stealing this by the way.

And X it's b/c the headquarters for ESPN is in Bristol, Conn. I had to pass up on an internship w/SportsCenter. I was HEARTBROKEN. LOL

9:58 AM

 
Blogger Jarrod said...

X...Yes I said hook part. Look back at some class pictures when you were in middle school. I'll put up money that some kid had the hook part.

LaurenAshleigh...I'm gonna need a nickname for you cause I ain't typing all those letters and syllables. Yeah I chuckled to myself when I said the mean streets of Norfolk...and I'ma tell you like I told X...reference some of your old class pictures. I guarantee some kid had a hook part.

3:58 AM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

who told you mini vans weren't sexy? they lied!! you shoulda seen my face when my girl told me some dude tried to holla at her w/a minivan and a KID in the backseat!! NEGRO PLEASE!! speaking of men w/kids. what happened to your story. laurenashleigh's nn is la. i'm going to bristol TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!

10:03 PM

 
Blogger Madam DLBG said...

We doin it big wit the 2000 pontiacs!!!

8:04 AM

 
Blogger nikki said...

this is a great meme. i'm gonna be stealing this one from you thank you very much.

btw, please stay away from the minivans. i don't care what anybody says, they ain't sexy.

12:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home