Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Just Cause I'm A Follower*

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Assuming I buy someone a gift...gift bags. Who has time to actually wrap a gift? Give me some tissue paper and a decorative bag and I'm good.

2. Tree, real or fake?

Fake all day. No need for watering or none of that nothing. The minute December 26th hits, I fold that joint up and put it back in the basement.

3. When do you put up the tree?

Don't have one to put up.

4. When do you take the tree down?

Seeing as how I don't have one, I don't. When I lived at home we usually kept it up a little after New Year's.

5. Do you like eggnog?

Hell yeah. I'm an nog snob though. It has to be Southern Comfort with the Vanilla Spice flavoring.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

I really don't know. I've had a lot of good ones. Got a bike one year (who hasn't)...a robe (with the initials)...all of them have been pretty ok.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene?

Do you mean the one with the five pound, eight ounce tiny Baby Jesus laying in his manger covered in his golden fleece, playing with his Baby Einstein toys learning all his shapes and colors in it?

8. Hardest person to buy for?

I don't do the whole present thing. Ask my friends.

9. Favorite Christmas tradition?

This is gonna sound kinda lame, but just being around the fam. That's all.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

See final sentence of #6.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards?

You'd think I'd make up for not giving gifts by sending cards right? Nah...gotta stay consistent.

12. Favorite Christmas movie?

Bad Santa...Friday After Next...Home Alone

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

I don't.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Nah.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

I love it all. It would be a disservice to all the food cooked to name just one thing. I'm an equal-opportunity eater (insert dirty joke here).

16. Clear lights or colored lights on a Christmas tree?

We still say colored? What happened to "Negro"? Hell, I'd even take "Afro-American".

17. Favorite Christmas song?

"Santa Claus Is Coming To The Ghetto" by Snoop Dogg. Anything that has Nate Dogg on the hook is a banger. Don't matter what season. He could harmonize the alphabet and niggas would buy it.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

Wherever the family is.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?

Before copying and pasting this survey? Nah. I have eaten reindeer before...true story.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?

Angel. And it's Black! ***throws up the Black power fist***

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

Morning.

22. Most annoying part of this time of year?

All the holiday music played around the clock. It's like the minute Black Friday hits people cue up the Bing Crosby...old ass Motown Christmas CDs...and every other record label that forced it's artists to do a Christmas CD. Remember "A So-So Def Christmas"? That wack ass Christmas song by TLC...

23. What I love most about Christmas....

Being with the fam.

*and because I wanted La to say bah humbug :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Jameil said...

i think you enjoying the fam is endearing. nog snob?? did you really call yourself that? pause. i thought that was an appropriate place to put that. "If I wanted them to be wusses I would've named them Dr. Quinn & Medicine Woman." Up with Afro-American lights!! What does reindeer taste like? I like "Sleigh Ride"! It's on "A Christmas Workout!"

9:56 AM

 
Blogger La said...

*trying to fight the urge*

bah humbug.
eh well. *drinking*

6:19 PM

 
Blogger Jarrod said...

Jameil...Unlike some people I know, I actually like my family. Yes I am nog snob...no pause necessary. "Talladega Nights" is a quote machine. Reindeer tastes kind of gamey. Not tough, but you it's something different. Same with buffalo. I'm disturbed you have a workout playlist made of only Christmas songs. You remind me of Will Ferrell's character in "Elf".

La...You know I just be saying that to make you mad. I do however advocate your drinking...keep sippin baby, keep sippin.

3:44 AM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

hahahahahaha!! "there are 3 food groups: sugar, candy corn and syrup." i like my family, too so whatever to whomever you're talking to. you've had buffalo, too??? where did you get all these odd meats?

12:52 PM

 
Blogger Jarrod said...

Jameil...Be easy my neezy...I wasn't directing that comment towards anybody, I was just saying. PAUSE on exotic meats...PAUSE!!!! I bought the buffalo at the grocery store. They have pre-packaged buffalo burgers. It has a lot of protein.

10:24 PM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

hahhahhaha. don't hate on your meat love!! jarrod loves meat.

2:59 PM

 
Blogger La said...

*offering you a bottle*

4:11 PM

 
Blogger GreatWhyte said...

Yes you were!!! LMAO @ "I hate all that family shit." Priceless. I love buffalo, but you're right- it is very gamey. Tastes like MEAT. And get gifts... stop being a Scrooge!

7:43 PM

 
Blogger cmill52k said...

lol...You are too freaking funny the darkness...Oh and like your friend said buy gifts...You like receiving them don't you...so do others...tight pockets...(me shaking head and finger at you)

12:27 PM

 
Blogger T Dot said...

"I don't do the whole present thing. Ask my friends."

Amen to that. I've known you for how long and I have never recieved anything - I don't even think a card - from you. That's cool though. ...

8:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home