Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Another Interview

Buford's trying to touch a nerve with this batch of questions. Note to self...don't let a reporter interview you.

1. Do you sometimes wish you could tame your mouth and not say half of the (ignorant or hurtful) things that come out of it?

Yes. There have been times I've said some outlandish stuff to people and wondered why they've gotten mad at me. I'm learning to censor myself, but I'll be honest with you it's a steep climb. It's hard to change who you are, or who you believe you are, overnight. But ever since this whole "growth" thing started, I've become a lot more reserved in what I say. At least to people outside my circle. Now if you're in the circle you've been through the emotional struggle that it takes to be my friend. You've waded through the bull and found a pretty decent person.

2. Why don't you give people presents? I believe in all of the years I've known you, I've never gotten a birthday or Christmas present. And go deeper than just "I never know what to give." That's a copout.

It's not that I don't know what to give a person. I could probably pick out a great present for every person who's read my blog. But it's that I just don't. I'm selfish. I wish there was some deep philosophical meaning behind it, but there isn't. I'm just a selfish person. With everything. Emotions...time...gifts. You name it and I keep it to myself. Is that healthy? No. Am I working on it? Yes. Does this mean you and some other friends should expect cards in the mail at the appropriate time? Yeah.

3. So we all know that things aren't popping like popcorn in Va. Where is next for you? What is next for you? How do you plan to get there (and don't say in a car or something else equally ignorant)?

Well, for right now I'm gonna ride this thing out until about February 2008. 2008 is the year because that's when my current contract expires and plus my brother will graduate that May. So virtually I will have no ties to the area. As far as where? I'd like to say a bigger market. Probably somewhere like Charlotte or basically a city. Not this Hampton Roads fiasco. I need corner stores. How do I plan to get there? I'm gonna just keep pimping this TV gig. I really like doing it. I get a rush out of it at times and other times I don't. But that's the ebb and flow of life.

4. You keep saying you're gonna get your life right before Jesus comes and finds you "butt naked in a hotel room" or something of that nature. What are you doing to make that happen? What's been the hold up?

First I'm gonna put some clothes on. Can't get right with the Lord if you ain't got nothing on. With me, I've always moved or acted on something in extreme situations. Like there are times I won't pay the cable bill until Cox Communications calls me and says, "hey man we're about to cut that service". With that being said, I don't want a major catastrophe be the thing that finally pushes me head first into religion. I want to come to it on my own terms. I tried asking for help before and at the time I wasn't getting the answer I wanted, so I tuned stuff out. I would turn the channel back, but I would always find a reason to turn off the TV. So the hold up is me. This sounds cliche, but I'm my own worst enemy.

5. Describe what you want your wife to be like.

Breathing always helps...lol. Ok let me stop hiding behind the humor. I'd like to say I want someone who challenges me, but I haven't had success with women like that in the past. But I know that's what I need as opposed to what I want. I need a chick who's going to kick me in my ass with a steel-toed boot when she sees me slacking. Don't get it twisted, I don't want no abusive woman cause I will fight you. It's 2007...girls get it too. I'm not gonna say the superficial stuff regarding height, weight and level of beauty because I know if I get a mud-duck niggas are gonna talk about me. And her. To our faces. So physically, she's gonna be solid. For me, the strongest thing is her mind. Can she take me? Because I know I'm a lot to handle. So to answer your question, I want a woman who is confident in who she is and doesn't need anyone to give her validation. But I don't want one so sure of herself that she doesn't need me to tell her she's beautiful.

6 Comments:

Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

LMAO @ "it's 2007...girls get it too." Lol!!

I decided in 2001 that fighting boys was ok too. Sometimes y'all can get too outta pocket!!

4:08 PM

 
Blogger Mau said...

Wow...

Ya boy said "mud-duck"...

6:53 PM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

that last sentence was a bit off to me. is that how you meant it b/c it sounded a bit odd and didn't seem to gel w/the rest of what you said. you want her to not be that sure of herself?

since you're growing and all and giving out the best gifts a blogger's ever had, august 23rd homie. hook a sista up.

er um a dum. i'm not quite sure what you mean by corner stores but i don't think there are too many of those in the q.c. (charlotte).

jesus has seen you naked before btw.

6:22 AM

 
Blogger Veronica Marché said...

Wait.

"Jesus has seen you naked before."

I hate Jameil. Lol.

3:00 PM

 
Blogger Jarrod said...

V...Damn right girls get it. I'm an equal opportuniy ass whooper!

Mau...My friends are cold blooded. Mud duck was a polite term.

Jameil...I don't want her all headstrong that when I tell her she's beautiful she tells me she doesn't need someone to validate that for her. I'm all for self-confidence and indepence, but let a brother give you a compliment every now and then. And that's a no bueno on the gift. Grown ass men shouldn't be in Nine West alone.

Duck...Yeah. I guess he has.

10:01 AM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

alright j-rod that's what i thought you meant. i would never ask anyone to buy me shoes but a lil gift card never hurt nooooooooobody!!

yo i'll be in norfolk at the beginning of august, hit me up.

4:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home