Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Interview Continues

I'm getting to your questions...happy now? And by the way these better be easy or else you and La are both on the list.

1. The best sex you've ever had. Tell us all about it and what would be the soundtrack to the experience?

What is it with these OD first questions? Ok, the best sex I've ever had was about a year and a half ago. I had blown off my...friend to go to this party. Naturally she was pissed, but I was full of that man pride and didn't really care. So I go to the party and of course it's wack. So I head home and decide I'll try to make amends with my...friend. I give her a call and invite her to come over. I forget what time it was, but I know it was definitely booty call hour (11 pm on weekdays, midnight on weekends). She comes over...we BS for a minute...and then we get it cracking. Now I don't know what got into me that night (maybe it was because I didn't want her to be pissed at me), but I was really laying it down. I'll refrain from describing in detail what happened, but I will give you the duration of the session. At least two hours. Dead ass. Your boy was on a mission. The marathon ended with her cradling in the fetal position. If I had to name a soundtrack, I would say it would be Lionel Richie's "All Night Long".

2. Describe your most perfect day (even if it hasn't happened yet).

Um...uh...give me a minute. ***leaves room for a second***
Ok, I'm back. I think my perfect day would involve me hanging out with my family, friends from back home and friends from college. I know that's kind of vague, but I know in each situation I would laugh, get some bomb ass grub and have no worries. Yeah, that sounds pretty damn perfect.

3. What is the hardest thing you've ever had to do?

Admit I'm wrong. In any situation. I HATE BEING WRONG! It really grinds my gears. Because that shows that I'm open to mistakes or flaws. It makes me human...vulnerable. Sometimes you don't want to give off that vibe. No one wants to admit that, well at least I don't.

4. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you?

I really couldn't single out one specific thing because a lot of people have gone to bat for me. If it wasn't for one of my college professors calling in a favor to her mentor, I wouldn't have become an intern at the TV station I work at now. If it wasn't for Monique, I wouldn't have had the chance to see Chapel Hill. If it wasn't for that girl in 7th grade who gave it up I would still be a virgin...NAH!

5. What kind of father do you want to be?

The kind that is able to relate to his child/children no matter their age or dilemma. I want my kids to trust me when I say I'll be there for you. When I was younger I would've answered and said not like my dad. But that's before I grew up and realized what my pops really sacrificed to help raise me. Listen to this. When I was younger (between the ages of 8-11, I think), I played recreation basketball. My mom worked with this guy who always had the hook up cause he had a side hustle at The Garden (that's Madison Square Garden for those of you who don't know). Anyway, it was a night I had a game, and dude calls the house asking me, my mom, my dad and my brother how fast can we get to The Garden. He asks because he has tickets for us to watch the Knicks at The Garden. Box seats. Oh and by the way, the Knicks were playing the Bulls. This is about 1993 or 1994. That means I had a chance to see Jordan. Let that sink in for a second. I HAD A SHOT TO SEE MICHAEL JEFFREY JORDAN AT THE PEAK OF HIS GREATNESS!! And my dad said no. He said no because I had a game and he would rather be at my game, than watch his favorite team play the Bulls at The Garden. That's sacrifice.

5 Comments:

Blogger T Dot said...

Your questions are up on my blog. I tried not to get too ignorant. Interview me, please!

6:05 PM

 
Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

Fetal position? What the heck did you do to that girl?

Had you had a rough week and relieved some stress? Fetal position? Wow...

8:11 PM

 
Blogger GreatWhyte said...

Yeah. Wow, Jarrod. The fetal position? That's deep. Wonder how she repaid you? Oh and thanks for the shout out... glad you enjoyed the trip to North Crack.

9:23 PM

 
Blogger Jarrod said...

Buford...I saw the questions. I told you I didn't want to think...but NNNNNNOOOOOOOO. Payback is so necessary.

V...LOL. I did what I do. I didn't have a rough week, but I did my best to make up. I think I did.

X...She repaid me in hot wings and beer.

8:34 AM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is gangsta!! yo daddy is a g! yo... i would never love you that much kid. lmao!

that girl in 7th grade who gave it up I would still be a virgin! oh no but i really laughed out loud, really loud. good thing no one else was here!

and you was showin off w/#1. too funny.

12:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home