Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Shameless Plug

I'm not one to give props to a lot of people, places or things. But I really need you guys to read my homeboy's blog. Dude was my roommate freshman year of college and was there for all the ignorance, beef and bullshit I/we went through during my Hampton years. This cat is one of the few who knows a lot about me. Probably too much. So I'm just giving him a plug. If you think I've got stories, read his blog. Aight, enough of that here's what's I've got bubbling on the stove. I've been writing...again. Before you get all gassed up, let me send out this disclaimer...pump your brakes. This don't mean I'm gonna start churning out stuff on a consistent basis, it just means I'm writing again. And yes it's a continuation of the previous story so that should prepare you for what's to come. Now I do respect the opinion of my blogging peers, but I have to admit I went outside the circle of trust and let a friend of mine read it. She's a friend of mine from Hampton and is also a writer, only she's in like the final stages of her book and I'm still nursing mine. So I reluctantly sent it to her and...she liked it. She really liked it. I know I kept hearing from you guys that it was good, but here's something about me some of you may not have known. I'm a perfectionist. Anything I do has to be flawless. If it isn't, then I don't want it. So even though I kept hearing, "it's good...oh my God when will there be more" and so on and so on, I had to push the envelope to see if it could stand up with other people's stuff. I mean if you want an opinion on the best seafood in town you ask a local, not a tourist. But I'm rambling and it's almost time for me to booth my show so I'm out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jameil said...

did you just call us tourists?!?! wtf? I OBJECT!! >-O That was my angry face.

anyway... you smell like a perfectionist.

12:04 AM

 
Blogger GreatWhyte said...

So basically what you're saying is that you don't give a DAMN about what your fellow bloggerss think about your writing skills. So you know what? Keep your stinkin writing... we don't care either. So THERE!!!!!
**pfft**

9:26 PM

 
Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

Excuse me. Are we ever going to get a detailed ATL blog? I wanna know what food was at the family reunion.

6:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home