Sometimes a brotha just wants to get his thoughts out...

Friday, August 03, 2007

ATL Recap...Day 2

Friday
The night before I set my alarm so I could get up and hit the gym. The Hour Of Power is necessary, even on vacation. So I get up at 7 after a night of semi-drinking and make my way to the gym in the hotel. Real talk, I would've been better doing some pushups in the room. The hotel "gym" had a treadmill and some universal machine that simulates bench presses, incline, lat pulldowns, leg extensions and all the other stuff you need to get in a decent workout. I struggled to make something out of nothing, but gave up after about 30 minutes. So I went to the hotel's lobby and proceeded to have some breakfast. Thank God for waffle making machines. The hotel had batter ready made for you. All you had to was pour the batter into the waffle maker, lock and in two minutes brown, waffle goodness. Naturally I had to spice mine up, so I found some cinnamon and added it to my waffle. After breakfast, my brother came down. Me and him clowned for a minute and then went upstairs to get ready for the day's events. Freshly showered and dressed we boarded one of several vans, hopped on I-85 and made our way to Atlanta. First stop was MLK's old church and his tomb where he and Coretta now rest. Saw a lot of powerful things while I toured this part of the city. Got a chance to see one of King's suits. He wasn't that tall, but hey he managed to make it work. Saw the house he was raised in that's actually right down the street from the church. So we got back in the vans and headed to the Underground. Took some time out to grab something to eat. The fam decided to go to the place that had the longest line with the most Black people in it. Always guaranteed to eat good at a place like that. And the food was rocking! I had some fried whiting with some side order of something. Didn't matter cause the fish was good. We finished lunch and get back on the vans. Next stop...The World Of Coca-Cola Museum. It's right in the city and within Centennial Park (you know where the 1996 Olympics were held).I must admit, the place did it for me even when I thought it wouldn't. Did you know there are more than 70 different kinds of Coca-Cola products all over the world? If you ever go try the Beverly. Left the museum and the little crumb snatchers that were with us were getting antsy so we decided to ride back to the hotel. I wish I could tell you about Friday night traffic in the A, but I definitely passed out on the ride. Got back to the room and was working on my own late night plans. My homegirl from Hampton who stays in Atlanta told he she had the hook-up at this club. I think it was called Compound. So I started getting my clothes ready when she hits me up.

"Yo I got bad news. My sister only put me on the list tonight. I'm sorry."

DAMN GINA!!!

"Damn. Aight, that's cool. I can kick it with the fam."

So there went my chance to see what this Atlanta shit was all about. Ah well. Looks like I'm chilling with Grandma and Grandpa. Friday night ended with me kicking it in a hotel. I know...I know...all that handsome gone to waste.

Day 3...tomorrow

7 Comments:

Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

I watched Michael Johnson set the world record in the 400M at that track. Awesome!!

Who also loves the World of Coke? Meeee!! I went when I was 14. And did you get to go to the Aquarium?

3:37 PM

 
Blogger La said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:03 PM

 
Blogger La said...

"All that handsom gone to waste."


Hahahaha conceited ass.

6:03 PM

 
Blogger cmill52k said...

I wish we could have chilled. I know I suck...Maybe next time...There will be a next time right???

10:16 AM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

someone was smellin himself EXTRA hard. mad at ya girl from ATL. that's that garbage. i would've been pissed.

1:23 PM

 
Blogger Jameil said...

hurry up and get to day 3 already.

11:06 AM

 
Blogger nikki said...

"my sister only put me on the list..."

you know that's some boosheet, right? just checking...

2:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home